2014-11-09

Good Question

Link To Article
Date of Article:  2011-04
Source of Article:  WordPress
This cartoon really needs no comment.  My non-original question is "What happens when the kingdom runs out of other peoples money to pay for these benefits?"
This situation can be found in many countries that have adopted the welfare state thus destroying any incentive to work hard and get ahead.  I also know several individuals from some of those countries that moved to the US so they could enjoy the fruits of their labors.  If we continue to follow these countries footsteps those very talented individuals will move again depriving us their talents.
I suspect that Ludwig von Mises would have really appreciated and agree with the message in this cartoon.  I've been reading quite a few of his books since a good Libertarian friend introduced me to his works and institute.
W.C.

No comments: